Is there anyone in this world that does not love getting mail? Especially when that mail is a package? When I saw Lindsay’s Foodie Pen Pals program, I knew I had to jump on board. A package delivered to my door full of fun food finds? Yes, please!
This month, my pen pal was Jamie and here’s what she sent me:
A reusable bag, pink shoelaces and her take on vegan French macaroons. If you’d like her recipe, you can find it here.
If you want to see what I sent to my pen pal, Katie, check out her blog!
I had a lot of fun for my first month participating in Food Pen Pals. Want to join us next month? Here’s how it works and how you can get involved too!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your pen pal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your pen pal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your pen pal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Pen Pals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your pen pal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Pen Pals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for April, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!
Thanks so much to Lindsay for organizing. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for April!
Have you had any fun things show up in the mail lately?